Tic-Tac-Toe Python Project Implementation
Implementing two player Tic-tac-toe game using Python.
About this project
Tic-tac-toe python project is a noughts and crosses or Xs and Os paper-and-pencil game for two players. Two players representing X and O respectively will take turns marking the spaces in a 3×3 grid. The player who succeeds in placing three of their marks in a diagonal, horizontal, or vertical row is the winner. It is a solved game with a forced draw assuming best play from both players. The aim of this project is to implement the Tic-tac-toe game application using Python. The game logic can be built using core python, and Tkinter will be used to develop the application’s Graphical User Interface (GUI).
The app can be built in two phases. The first one being a standalone game played in a computer and another one being a network based game played between different computers in the same network. Requirements of both is given below.
Here are the requirements for standalone and network versions of the game (Tic Tac Toe python project).
Requirements of Standalone App:
- The standalone app can be played by 2 humans on the same computer
- Each player can take turns to play the game
- Player can click on the grid to make a move
- One player gets X and other player O
- On each move, the game status is checked
- If a player wins, the game ends and the winner status is displayed
- The game can also end in a draw
- After the game ends, a new game can start
Features of Network App
- The server app listens for and accepts clients connections.
- The server mainly acts as a gateway.
- It will receive player info, and game moves and forward the details among opponents.
- Design of the client server protocol is a key aspect of developing this project.
- Two separate apps will be developed -Client & Server app
- The client app provides the user interface for connecting to server and playing the game
The skeleton code is a very interesting concept used in Emertxe. By looking into the skeleton code, you will get a clear picture of converting the given requirement into a working solution. This will also take care of important aspects like modularity, clean coding practices, reusability, etc. Click on the button given below to download the source code skeleton for Tic-Tac Toe python project.
Here are the sample output expected by the end of Tic Tac Toe python project execution.
Fig1: Tic-Toc-Toe Game
Fig2: Tic-Toc-Toe Game Interface