Qt Application Development for Embedded systems
Goal: Build good understanding about Qt for Embedded Linux and develop applications. By the end of the workshop you will be able to build, deploy and debug embedded applications using Qt on ARM based Embedded target.
Target audience: Working professionals who want to build Qt applications for embedded systems.
Duration: 2 days (One weekend) + One month lab assistance
Qt for Embedded Linux course overview:
- Foundations: Build end-to-end knowledge of Qt application development for Embedded systems
- Core concepts: Learn custom building, deploying and debugging Qt for Embedded systems
- UI design: Interface/Read real-time data from sensors and create charts/graphs for decision making
- IoT use-cases: Develop hands-on knowledge of using Qt for IoT use-cases
- Weekend option: Comfortably take time-off from your busy work schedule
- Workshop model: High stress on hands-on approach for quick ramp-up
- Expert trainers: Delivered by industry experienced expert trainers
- Call us at +91 809 555 7333 (Mobile), +91 80 4128 9576 (Office) and enroll
- Simply send us an email email@example.com
Qt for Embedded course syllabus details are provided below. These workshops start by building Qt architecture for Embedded Linux. Further this workshop focuses on various embedded aspects of Qt to make it running on an embedded target.
- Setup and build your Qt project for custom embedded target
- Learn embedded Linux Qt classes to power your Embedded / IoT use-case development
- Setup Boot to Qt and using the emulator
- Equip yourself with high end application Embedded development with ARM target
- Standard open source hardware (BeagleBone Black Rev C) and software as platform
- Overview and architecture – Qt for Embedded Linux
- Qt tool chain generation and installation
- Create Qt project and application for target
- Build and deploy your application to Embedded target
- Run and debug your application on the target
- Qt for Embedded Linux class
- Qt platform abstraction
- Boot to Qt and emulator
- Developing an embedded application using sensors
- One month lab assistance
- Good C & Programming Skills
- Basic Hands – On Linux Usage and administration commands
- Any Linux Platform supporting Qt (Preferably Ubuntu)
- Kernel version – 3.x/4.x
- BeagleBone (Rev C / ARM Cortex A8) as Embedded target
Qt for Embedded course start date is provided below. Flexible weekend embedded classes for working professionals, regular classes for students.
|Qt Weekend workshop – For working professionals|
|Qt Application Development for Embedded systems||Commencing soon..||2 days + 1 Month Lab Assistance|
|Qt Application Programming with C++||10,11,24,25 Mar – 2018 (Registrations closed)||4 days + 1 Month Lab Assistance|
|UI Programming with Qt-Quick and QML||31 Mar – 2018 & 1 Apr – 2018(Registrations closed)||2 days + 1 Month Lab Assistance|
|Other Weekend workshops – For working professionals|
|Embedded Android System Development||18,19,25,26 Mar – 2017 (Registrations closed)||4 days + 1 Month Lab Assistance|
|Linux Systems & Basic Shell Scripting||23,24 Feb – 2019 (Registrations open)||2 days + 2 Weeks Lab Assistance|
|Advanced C / Embedded C||2,3,9,10,16 Mar – 2019 (Registrations open)||5 days + 1 Month Lab Assistance|
|Micro-Controllers||Batch I: 20,26,27 Jan – 2019 & 9 Feb – 2019 (Registrations closed)|
Batch II: 17,23,24,30 Mar – 2019 (Registrations open)
|4 days + 1 Month Lab Assistance|
|Data Structures||31 Mar – 2019 & 7,13 Apr – 2019 (Registrations open)||3 days + 1 Month Lab Assistance|
|Linux Internals & Network Programming||14,20,21,27 Apr – 2019 (Registrations open)||4 days + 1 Month Lab Assistance|
|Embedded Linux on ARM (ELARM)||Batch I: 10,16,17,23 Feb – 2019 (Registrations open)|
Batch II: 28 Apr – 2019 & 4,5,11 May – 2019 (Registrations open)
|4 days + 1 Month Lab Assistance|
|Linux device drivers||Batch I: 24 Feb – 2019 & 2,3,9 Mar – 2019 (Registrations open)|
Batch II: 12,18,19,25 May – 2019 (Registrations open)
|4 days + 1 Month Lab Assistance|
Qt Platform - FAQ
What is Qt?
Qt is a cross-platform GUI application development framework for various hardware and software platforms (E.g. desktop, embedded and mobile). It is supported in all major platforms like Linux, OS X, Windows, VxWorks, QNX, Android, iOS, Black-Berry, Sailfish OS and others. Qt is not a programming language on its own. It is a framework written in C++. You write the code once and make binaries for all platforms with a little or no change in the code.
Why I choose Qt over Android(Java)?
Android also very popular in embedded systems. But to develop android applications we need to learn Java. Java is an excellent language, but for Android mobile development, C++ has a few advantages. These include a smaller memory footprint, as C++ is nearer the metal and has no garbage collection. C++ is a superset of C and should compile virtually all C programs, so you could reuse C software. If you’re an experienced C++ developer who wants to get into Android development, using Qt is a better choice.
Who can learn Qt?
Qt is primarily aimed for Application developers who can come any any of the categories.
- Programmers developing applications for desktops, embedded devices and/or targeting multiple platforms – Windows, UNIX and Mac will greatly benefit from this training.
- Beginners: Who knows C++ and interested to learn GUI frameworks
How should I start learning Qt?
One of the most popular ways of discovering new technologies is to walk through examples. Qt provides a large selection of examples and demos which are available in source code (check demos and examples directories in your installation). Most of the examples and demos are pre-compiled and integrated into the Examples and Demos Launcher.
At some point you should take some time to walk through the Qt technology guides and overviews provided in Qt documentation. Qt is simple to use, but you should have a basic understanding of the key concepts behind Qt to reveal its full power. There is a large selection of documents that are sorted into the http://doc.qt.io/
What are the product domains where Qt is extensively built?
- Anti-virus softwares
- Audio/video applications
- Email clients
- Graphical editors
- Audio/video/chat/voip clients applications
- UI (KDE & Unity)
- Web browsers
- Text editors
- Virtual computer softwares
Qt Project & Support - FAQ
What about Qt online support?
The Qt Company support team works hand-in-hand with Qt R&D developers and is committed to ensure the success of your project. We provide our commercial customers with exceptional support and guidance on the use of Qt APIs, functions, methods and programming techniques for all major platforms.
There are lots of forums and communities available to support you
What about the Qt documentation?
Compared to other frameworks, Qt has an extensive documentation support and a collection of code samples and tutorials are provided with Qt to help new users get started with Qt development. These documents cover a range of topics, from basic use of widgets to step-by-step tutorials that show how an application is put together.
How learning Qt can enhance my career growth?
Moreover as a GUI application framework, it is a cross-platform framework. As an embedded or non-embedded engineer it’s always worth learning Qt. For the next several years – there will always be a niche market for Qt developers. And there will be a demand for a few really good Qt developers for a very long time.