Embedded Linux on ARM – Workshop
Emertxe offers this unique workshop, that makes us the best Institute to learn courses in Embedded linux porting and programming in Bangalore. Delivered in form of workshop over weekends, this is course is ideal for working professionals. This course focuses on ARM porting and programming of Linux in custom embedded target. This Embedded Linux course also highlights open-source development model using Linux.
Goal: Bring-up Linux on Embedded platform (on ARM) from scratch. Create custom OS by practically learning Embedded linux porting and programming on ARM
Target audience: Engineers with exposure to Linux environment
Duration: 4 days (Two weekends) + One month lab assistance
- Custom OS: Embedded linux porting and programming on ARM
- Leverage Open Source for your product development
- Build good understanding of embedded booting process and u-boot
- Kernel customization and tuning for embedded devices
- Understand ARM architecture and board schematics
- Weekend option: Comfortably take time-off from your busy work schedule
- Workshop model: High stress on hands-on approach for quick ramp-up
- Expert trainers: Delivered by industry experienced expert trainers
- Wi-Fi interface bring-up, configuration and application development
- Kernel footprint reduction and boot time improvement
- Automated inventory management
- Internet speedometer
- Audio looper
- Call us at +91 809 555 7333 (Mobile), +91 80 4128 9576 (Office) and enroll
- Simply send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Embedded linux on ARM programming course contents and curriculum has complete practical view of building Open Source Linux as your choice for embedded devices. It covers choice points, configuration, bring-up and porting aspects of Linux.
- Get you exposed with various trends in Embedded OS
- Making appropriate Open source choices for your Embedded device
- Customizing and building your own Linux Kernel
- Bring up custom kernel as Embedded OS on ARM based target hardware
- Get hands-on with Flash memory usage, EEPROMS using development boards
- Equip you with high end application Embedded development with ARM
- Standard open source hardware (BeagleBone Black Rev C) and software as platform
- Open source and choice-points for Embedded development
- Setting up Embedded development environment
- Bootloader and building root file system
- Components of Embedded Linux Kernel
- Linux device drivers overview
- Embedded application programming
- Special Focus: Application optimization in Embedded systems
- One month lab assistance
- OS – Ubuntu Linux
- Kernel version – 3.x/4.x
- BeagleBone (Rev C / ARM Cortex A8) as Embedded target
Weekend and Weekdays workshops schedule to learn embedded linux on ARM and Beaglebone, learn to write embedded linux application programming on ARM platform. Check out our course calendar below to get more details. In case you have any queries email us at email@example.com
Course - FAQ
Who should take up this course?
This course is ideal for anyone interested in building open source Linux as a choice point for their products. Working professionals looking to gain knowledge in this domain. Having some background in Linux is necessary as this requires some amount of Linux / OS & command level knowledge.
What are the unique advantages of this training?
Emertxe is one of the best embedded Linux training institutes in Bangalore, where Embedded Linux on ARM is an innovative training course offered by us. Our mentors bring in best in class coaching mechanisms as they are industry experienced. With this background you will get a complete view of building products based on Embedded Linux from the scratch. Each session in the workshop is power backed with hands-on exercises, live demonstrations and practical use-cases that ensure this workshop experience is unique with you.
What exactly will be demonstrated under ‘live products’ of the workshop?
Emertxe has a product development team, which has built innovative embedded product platforms based on ARM. These products will be demonstrated as a part of the workshop so that professionals can exactly understand complete product building knowledge as a part of this workshop. This also ensures the workshop is tightly coupled with industry needs and applications.
Is the course specific to a specific Kernel version?
Definitely no. Since the course has close co-relation with ARM target we are using, the best Kernel version is chosen to demonstrate the complete functionality of Embedded Linux and ARM combination.
Trainer - FAQ
Who are the trainers?
Trainers (our mentors) for this workshop are professionals who have worked with various corporate organizations like Samsung, HP, Novell, Huawei etc, who bring in 12+ years of experience on average. Our mentors understand industry requirements very well in order to maximize the value. Added to that, our mentors are passionate about training, which enables you to write a device driver on your own by the end of the workshop.
What do you mean by one month of lab assistance?
Embedded Linux workshop is conducted on two consecutive weekends. Contents are delivered in a workshop manner, which is power packed. However to realize the real benefit of this workshop, participants need to work on some real time projects / assignments to make the learning effective. In order to support this need, we provide one month lab assistance after the course. During this period our mentors will be providing you support when you are facing difficulty in building projects using Linux kernel. This includes debugging issues in pair or clarifying your doubts using our online ecosystem. This way your learning will be complete & effective.