Embedded Android System Development
Goal: Understand Android Architecture & Internals, Board bring-up and driver integration
Target audience: Software engineers, Developers & System architects interested to Build embedded solutions on Android Framework
Duration: 4 days + One month lab assistance
This unique course offers in-depth hands-on exercises, followed with intense project follow-up makes your learning complete.
- An unique course that combines Android framework and Linux driver eco system
- Enables you to hook up devices (Sensors, Camera, Audio) into Android HAL
- Understand system services and related interfaces for deriver integration
- Understand code organization and build environment of Android
- Gain familiarity with Linux device driver framework
- Weekend option: Comfortably take time-off from your busy work schedule
- Workshop model: High stress on hands-on approach for quick ramp-up
- Expert trainers: Delivered by industry experienced expert trainers
Why Android System Development training @ Emertxe?
- An unique, first-ever workshop combining Embedded Android + Android Architecture + Linux Kernel + Android HAL
- Successfully equip yourself to Build, Customize and Integrate new devices for Android in ARM based Embedded targets
- Work on industry-standard projects and improve your profile. Move to a new project or company by giving a boost to your career
- Connect with our senior mentor ecosystem, learn from them, achieve the vital growth to your stagnating job
- Great Value for Money – Compare with www.opersys.com/training/embedded-android – Approx USD 2300 per person
- Experience Training more than 10000+ Corporate Professionals Since 2003
- Post workshop, Have *weekly on-line follow-up sessions with mentor to get real-time intervention & support (*Structured schedule, For 45 mins per week, Total 4 times. This support is in addition to online support over emails and direct support in the training premises for 1 month)
- To enroll Android system development and android hal courses bangalore
- Call us at +91 809 555 7333 (Mobile), +91 80 4128 9576 (Office) and enroll
- Simply send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a surge in number of sensors / devices that are getting connected under the umbrella of Internet-Of-Things (IoT). These devices need to be integrated into the Android system and accessed via applications, which is covered in the course. Our Android system development course curriculum over weekends with practicals ensures you learn all critical components to get started.
- Setup your own Android build environment
- Learn Android porting on Raspberry Pi – Boot your Android device in an Embedded target
- Build a sound knowledge of Linux device driver ecosystem
- Equip yourself to integrate a device driver on your own
- Deep understanding of Android HAL and its hooking points for devices
- Specific focus on Android Sensor Programming – Sensor, Camera and Audio HAL with practical examples
- Introduction to Android Architecture
- Android build environment setup
- Android services overview
- Android HAL
- Audio HAL
- Camera HAL
- Sensor HAL
- Linux Kernel and driver eco-system overview
Following are the set of projects (sample set) which you will be able to work on your own Android device running in an embedded platform. These projects will give you necessary hands-on experience on embedded android internals, using which you will be able to further build on.
- External camera device integration
- Learn to integrate external sensors with Android Framework
- Learn to integrate temperature sensor with Android Framework
- Learn to integrate pyrometer with Android Framework
- Learn to integrate magneto-meter with Android Framework
- Audio integration
- Learn to integrate Touch sensor with Android Framework
- Good programming skills and proficient in C Language
- Basic Linux Application programming (good to have)
Schedule for Embedded android system development – Weekend workshops for working professionals.
|Embedded Android Weekend workshop – For working professionals|
|Embedded Android System Development||18,19,25,26 Mar – 2017(Registrations closed)||4 days + 1 Month Lab Assistance|
|Other Weekend workshops – For working professionals|
|Embedded Linux on ARM (ELARM)||Batch I: 3,4,10,11 June – 2017 (Registrations closed) |
Batch II: 2,3,9,10 Sept – 2017 (Registrations open)
|4 days + 1 Month Lab Assistance|
|Linux device drivers||Batch I : 17,18,24,25 June – 2017(Registrations open)|
Batch II : 16,17,23,24 – 2017 (Registrations open)
|4 days + 1 Month Lab Assistance|
|Linux Systems & Basic Shell Scripting||1,2 July – 2017 (Registrations open)||2 days + 2 Weeks Lab Assistance|
|Advanced C / Embedded C||8,9,15,16,22 July – 2017 (Registrations open)||5 days + 1 Month Lab Assistance|
|Micro-Controllers||23,29,30 July – 2017 & 5 Aug – 2017 (Registrations open)||4 days + 1 Month Lab Assistance|
|Data Structures||6,12,13 Aug – 2017 (Registrations open)||3 days + 1 Month Lab Assistance|
|Linux Internals & Network Programming||19,20,26,27 Aug – 2017 (Registrations open)||4 days + 1 Month Lab Assistance|
Course - FAQ
Who should take up this course?
This course is ideal for anyone interested in understanding Android for system development. With advent of IoT multiple heterogeneous devices and sensors are getting integrated with Android devices which is further accessed by application for providing useful data / control information. In order to enable Android, system developers need to build an understanding of Linux Kernel, Linux Device drivers, Android HAL and Android System Services. This course exactly targets such audience by providing complete knowledge on the above mentioned topics.
What are the unique advantages of this training?
This course is a unique one, which approaches Android from system development perspective. When it comes to system development, it’s obvious that Android runs Linux Kernel internally, hence need to understand Linux kernel, Linux Device driver ecosystem, Android HAL and exposing device services as Android APIs, this unique course provides a complete view to add your devices into the Android ecosystem and have your application access the same. By the end of the course you will be able to develop a complete view of Android System Development.
I would like to leap forward into IoT aspects of Android. Will this course help me?
Certainly. This course covers different segments of industry, IoT is obvious one. IoT developers can benefit from the course by enriching Android system understanding from device integration point of view.
IoT is largely an umbrella where devices and applications work together to provide meaningful solutions. However from an embedded engineer’s perspective, it’s about interfacing new sensors / devices so that applications can derive more information and build an intelligence on top of it. This course exactly talks about how to ‘hook’ new sensors / devices into mobile/tablet or any other device running that runs Linux or Android. Hence a complete knowledge both from Android framework and Linux Kernel is required for the embedded developer for implementation.
In summary the course is ideal for developers who are involved or having interest in building Embedded IoT devices.
What platform you will be using in this training and why?
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS or higher 64-bit system workstation, Beaglebone or Raspberry Pi target board, external camera and sensors, Android Marshmallow.
Projects - FAQ
What projects can I work on after course completion?
There are many projects that you can work on based on the course learning. A sample list of projects are provided below. You can discuss with our mentors and take-up appropriate project. To start with individuals will be provided with a requirements & design documents, which you can read and start implementing the project.
1. External camera device integration
2. External sensor integration (ex: temperature / pyrometer / magneto meter)
3. Heart rate monitor
4. Touch sensor integration for mobile devices
How working on these projects enhance my technical profile?
Our projects are designed based on practical industrial use-case, thereby you will be able to apply them in real time projects. On the other hand these projects are scoped well to be executed independently in a relatively shorter duration of time considering your other commitment. After working on them will give you necessary technical depth and application aspects thereby it will definitely enhance your technical profile.
Trainer - FAQ
Who are the trainers?
Trainers (our mentors) for this workshop are professionals who have worked with various corporate organizations like Samsung, HP, Novell, Huawei etc, who bring in 12+ years of experience on average. Our mentors understand industry requirements very well in order to maximize the value. Added to that, our mentors are passionate about training, which enables you to write a device driver on your own by the end of the workshop.
What do you mean by one month of lab assistance?
Android workshop is conducted on weekends. Contents are delivered in a workshop manner, which is power packed. However to realize the real benefit of this workshop, participants need to work on some real time projects / assignments to make the learning effective. In order to support this need, we provide one month lab assistance after the course. During this period our mentors will be providing you support when you are facing difficulty in building projects that are listed above. This includes debugging issues in pair or clarifying your doubts using our online ecosystem. This way your learning will be complete & effective.